What Can be Done in 10 Minutes – An infographic by QuickQuid
If you are looking for various ways to increase productivity, try these ideas:
1) Fix Minimum Time Spent on a Task
There is no point in trying to complete a whole military resume in ten minutes — that’s barely enough time to decide on the formatting! When you try to get something done in less time than is necessary, you’ll just leave frustrated and lacking even more motivation than before.
In order to know how best to use your downtime, you need to know what tasks you can accomplish and how much time they take.
Here are a few of your typical chores and how long they normally take:
5 – 10 minutes:
- Load or unload the dishwasher
- Start a load of laundry
- Send an email
- Clear a surface
10 – 20 minutes:
- Fill garbage bags
- Fold clean laundry
- Research job opportunities
- Plan an involved task
30 – 60 minutes
- Revise your resume
- Fill in a job application
- Go for a jog
2) Keep an Eye on the Clock
All too often, we are simply unaware of the fact we are wasting time until it’s too late. Try to identify the ways in which you waste time, and take steps to remind yourself that you could be doing something else.
There are a number of different ways to do this, such as:
- Set a timer when you begin an engrossing activity so you are aware of time passing.
- Get into the habit of doing something productive before you begin your activity — your five-minute list will be helpful here!
- Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. If you catch yourself thinking “I really should do that,” then get up and get started right away!
The hardest part for many people is simply getting started, so it is important to get into the habit of dealing with issues as soon as you think of them. Once you have finished, you will likely realize that it was much easier than you thought!
3) Track Your Accomplishments
It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that you are not getting things done, which can leave you unmotivated to continue. Remind yourself of what you have achieved so far to give yourself a boost.
Whether you decide to use a calendar with stickers for every day you work on a project, to keep a list that you tick off, or to use some other way of recording your progress, it is important to recognize what you have already achieved.
QuickQuid.co.uk is the premier online provider of short-term loans in the United Kingdom. Its quick, convenient services have helped over half a million Britons bridge the gap between paydays from the comfort and privacy of home.